Next, we took a nice stroll from the Eiffel Tower to Les Invalides. We spent some time relaxing in a small park and then headed into Les Invalides to visit the Army Museum and Napoleon's tomb. LeederD really enjoyed the World War II exhibit and, like always, the architecture of the building was amazing.
This afternoon we spent some time in the Marais district near our apartment. We had lunch at Dame Tartine and LeederD got to try his first Croque Monsieur (the French version of a grilled cheese) and I had a delicious duck breast filet and goat cheese sandwich. After enjoying our long lunch, we went to the Centre Pompidou, a modern art museum in a very unique building. The structure is basically inside out...the pipes, heating ducts, and escalator are on the exterior. LeederD is not a huge fan of Modern art, and I admit that some of it was a bit strange, but I did enjoy the Picasso and Matisse pieces.
Sylvestre, one of my best friends from Angouleme, now lives in Paris and we are going to have drinks with him and his girlfriend tonight. I haven't seen him in 6 years, so it should be fun!
Miles walked: 10.5
Bisous!

No comments:
Post a Comment