Friday, October 23, 2009

And the journey begins!

I am writing from the Van Galder bus as we make our way to O'Hare.  I still have that pit in my stomach...the one you get when you feel like you forgot something.  I tend to stress a little bit (yeah, like everyone didn't already know that), but that pit should go away by the time we reach the airport.

I've spent the last two months making a list of things to pack for this trip (I know, such a huge surprise coming from me), so I couldn't possibly have forgotten anything.  Clothes? Check. Travel books? Check. Band-aids? Check. Clothesline and laundry detergent? Check. Extra camera battery and a backup for the backup? Check.  You probably get the drift.  This is probably why so many people were in disbelief when I told them that all I was taking for luggage was a carry-on suitcase.  So just for the record, I did it!  LeederD and I each have a carry-on suitcase with room to spare.  Mine topped out at 34 lbs., including 4 lbs. of Fannie May chocolates and candy corn for my host family.  It feels great to travel light and makes it much easier to maneuver your luggage through the metro.

I checked the weather for Paris this morning and the next week is looking gorgeous!  Low to mid 60's the whole week and only one day with a chance of rain so far.  We really couldn't ask for better weather than that.

See you in Paris!  Bisous.

7 comments:

  1. I am a friend of your mom's and am presently in Paris on vacation for another 10 days... we'd love to follow your journey. Where are you staying? We're in St. Germain.
    Randy Danto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine you overwhelmed when you step foot onto terre francaise. So on that note maybe a glass of vin francais would be le mieux!! Until later...bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Dad wants to know why you didn't have a check mark for your dog (Kenzie) going to Grandma and Grandpa's house? We'll tell her that you love her anyways!

    Once you set foot on French turf, have some wine and cheese for us!

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Packers Blow.

    Go Vikes!!!!

    Jodie (and Brett Favre)

    Oh yeah, sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luggage, check. Passport, check. Postcards for your friends back home who are insanely jealous...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite places in Paris were the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower. Back in the 70's there was a restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower, and we ate there and danced in ball gowns and tuxes to the music of a beautiful orchestra. This was part of a free trip that Uncle Ed had won with GM. We practically ran through the Louvre because there was so much to see. Oh, we also had a lovely cruise down the Seine with caviar and wine. Hope your trip is as memorable. Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete